Sunday, September 7, 2014

A trip down memory lane.

My nephew is a senior at Norwich this year, and every time I hear him talk to me, it takes me back 15 years.  Band, musicals, football (Go Tornados!!!) were huge in my high school years at NHS!  He even has the amazing honor to have some of the same teachers...the good ones often never leave.  I took a minute to read about the field band, and yep, hes in there for his (I believe) 7th year...and pride that used to fill my heart still soared through my face, and created a smile.  Norwich is one of those places that, no matter where you end up, you still feel like you can always go home.  From our rocking sports teams...go Coach Pluta..., to our amazing musical and drama...Ms. Mayo and Mr. Sands...still kicking it!!  From the urge to wear something purple on Friday all these years later, to the drive to move back home before my youngest starts school, it still rates up there with the best things in my life.  The hotdog lady on the corner of West Park....and many visits there after school....Nina's pizza (I have never found any like it) these are the things that make you long to find a place like that.  I do believe that this June, watching my nephew take that same walk I did...seeing him in that cap and gown, and knowing that he will always have this to call home, no matter where he ends up...will be an honor.  Good things always are...no matter what. 

No comments:

Post a Comment